New Minecraft Server Build in Progress (Want to Help?)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiniMoosey, Jan 9, 2015.

1. blockmaker312 New Member

Awesome. No rush, the DC server was the only server I really played a ton of and I'm hyped to see it return.
  2. Libzy Member

*wakes from thousand year slumber*
    Wait... am I allowed to join or am I still grounded?
  3. bones9302 i moderate stuff sometimes

[IMG]
    Binky likes this.
  4. Libzy Member

Ohhai Bones.
    Does anyone have any fucks I can borrow?
  5. DC_Dubz Administrator

Not sure what you mean by grounded, but yes. Anyone may join as long as they are respectful and supportive.
  6. DC_Dubz Administrator

Fucking top kek.
    10/10 Bones
    bones9302 likes this.
  7. DC_Dubz Administrator

ALSO for those waiting I am now on spring break and on top of streaming every week I can now get back to doing more Uploads to the Channel, ANNNNND getting this shit underway. Alot of people have been hard at work to make this server gorgeous so thank them when ya see them!
  8. Jesterface23 Member

9. Roxas New Member

So... is there an update on the server? :D
  10. MiniMoosey Lukr Princess

Update: Dubz is finishing his last week of school for this semester and from there we will be appointing mods and admins and setting up plug-ins. Server expected to be open at the earliest by June and at the latest by August. We underestimated how much time we would have to devote to this project.
  11. blockmaker312 New Member

Hey any news on the server? I know you guys are making it great, super excited for the launch.
  12. MiniMoosey Lukr Princess

We're really close. I think building is 99% done. It's all mod/admin politics and plugin work at this point.
    We also need to work on some advertising plans for it, and plan for donor perks / promotion plans. Perks will probably be offered to Hitbox subscribers.
  13. blockmaker312 New Member

14. blockmaker312 New Member

Is there any news on a possible DC teamspeak?
  15. MiniMoosey Lukr Princess

I'm pretty sure we have purchased TeamSpeak. I don't know anything about it though. Dubz should be the one making these updates >w>;
  16. Libzy Member

17. Strellus New Member

Hey guys,
    Dunno if you remember me at all but I used to build for you guys, just wondering if you'll need anymore creative help?
  18. MiniMoosey Lukr Princess

I am no longer involved in this project as of last week.
    If you have any further questions, please contact Dubz via Skype or email: dubzknapp7@gmail.com
  19. Jesterface23 Member

A small plugin thing, if you think you need an item frame/ armor stand/ painting protection plugin, I've been working on one and will be posting it to Bukkit soon.
  20. DC_Dubz Administrator

Hey guys, some bad news here,

Thanks to everyone who has been working on the map! It has started looking excellent and is approaching completion. Bad news is we got DDoSed a month ago, so we have been looking into paying for a VPN using DC funds. This sadly means the server construction will have to take a hiatus. However, I will be saving all of the files so that we can come back and finish it! If all goes well I should have a new job that will allow me to support the server myself but that may not be for some time. Our focus at current is on our Hitbox.tv channel as you all know and we just don't have the resources to expend on a 24hr Minecraft server right now. Please understand how hard a decision this was and how much I want the server to be real. Though I may not play it much anymore, I cannot discount the grand times I've had on Minecraft with you guys!

TLDR: Server construction is on break to fund DC security. I sinceraly hope you all can understand.

Thank you so much everyone and be patient, it will happen!
    ~Dubz